IKELITE DS161 STROBE
illuminate the majestic underwater world in all its rich natural colors with IKELITE DS161 STROBE, which features a depth rating of 328'. The DS161 is offered here with a NiMH battery pack, a smart charger with a US/North American plug, and a 1" Ball Mount Mark II.
The strobe has a power rating of 160 watt-sec and a guide number of 38-76' at ISO 100, depending on whether you're underwater or above water. It provides a wide 90° angle of coverage, which is increased to 100° when you add the supplied diffuser for softening the light output. The 4800K color temperature is even warmer than daylight and restores hues that get absorbed underwater, bringing vibrancy and color accuracy back to your images.
When combined with a compatible TTL system, the DS161 automatically adjusts brightness to provide ideal TTL flash exposure--whether you're shooting at macro, portrait, or wide-angle focal lengths. Manual exposure mode is also available to give you greater control. The strobe is equipped with an Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector, which is also present on many Ikelite underwater camera housings and requires a sync cord. Additionally, you can use the optional #4401 Fiber Optic Adapter to convert the bulkhead to a fiber-optic cable port for manual exposure.
The NiMH battery pack features 7.2V of output power and a 3300mAh capacity. It provides up to 225 full-power flashes per charge, with a recycle time of 1.5 sec.
The bright, concentrated, 5W LED aiming light provides ample illumination for use as a focusing aid or a nighttime dive light. The LED turns off and on when the strobe is fired, keeping your photos free of bright spots.
- Depth rating: 100m (328')
- Max energy: 160Ws
- Manual control increments: (10) 1/2 f-stop
- Video/modeling light: 500 lm LED
- Color temperature: 4800K
- Guide number at 1m / ISO 100: 24
- Flashes per charge: 300 full power
- Recycle time: 1.5 seconds at full power
- Electrical sync connection: Ikelite ICS 5-pin bulkhead
- Battery: 7.2V 3300mAh NiMH
- Dimensions: 3.75" diameter x 7" length (96 x 179 mm)
- Weight with battery: 2.7 lb (1243 g)
- Buoyancy: Slightly negative in salt water