ATOMIC AQUATICS TFX TITANIUM FRONT EXHAUST REGULATOR
THE ULTIMATE “CONNOISSEURS” NATURAL BREATHING REGULATOR
Atomic Aquatics engineers reimagined the rather unconventional front exhaust regulator design to create the most natural and effortless breathing regulator for all diving attitudes or positions. Traditional rear exhaust regulators have more breathing resistance in certain dive positions, like looking up. The TFX gives divers enhanced and sophisticated air delivery with dramatically reduced inhalation effort compared to all other regulators on the market.
FRONT EXHAUST VALVE POSITIONING
Atomic engineers deconstructed every component of previous front exhaust regulator designs to reevaluate and reimagine function and performance. The genesis of the unique Atomic TFX design lies in positioning the exhaust valve in the center of the inhalation diaphragm and mounting both in the front of the regulator, which provides enhanced breathing performance and superior dryness not possible in a conventional design.
IMPROVED PRESSURE DIFFERENTIAL & WATER COLUMN EFFECT
In extreme diving positions, like looking upwards, the TFX exhaust valve and diaphragm are positioned at exactly at the same level with no pressure differential. Any water will collect at the exhaust valve and be easily exhaled with each breath. The water column effect is minimal in the TFX, compared to the large water column effect in the conventional regulator, which will become more difficult to inhale since the diaphragm is higher than the mouthpiece. The TFX is much less sensitive to different attitudes encountered during diving.
CASE ARCHITECTURE & EXHAUST DEFLECTION
The radical TFX design created engineering and design challenges that resulted in fresh case architecture – a complex series of fluid and natural geometries that integrate seamlessly with the narrow-width case and front cover. These unique forms were truly necessitated by function, such as finding an innovative way to route the exhaust from the front of the regulator to the rear. Form follows function with the sweeping flexible front purge cover and extended soft silicone rubber exhaust deflectors that route bubbles away from and behind the diver’s field of view.
SIGNATURE ELITE MATERIALS & PERFORMANCE
The TFX is fabricated with many iconic Atomic Aquatics materials and performance features:
- All-Titanium First and Second Stage metal components
- Seat Saving Dynamic Orifice
- Low-friction cap at the cam surface
- Venturi Nozzle gear-driven tuning switch
- Variable Lift Cam
- New 4X Yoke connection first stage – one turn secures it to the tank
- Comfort Swivel Hose now with less friction and smoother movement
THE MOST NATURAL BREATHING PERFORMANCE IN ANY POSITION
The TFX is designed for the diver who wants the most natural, effortless breathing in any diving attitude at all sport diving depths.
TFX 4X YOKE FIRST STAGE FEATURES
- Precision-machined from solid Titanium alloy bar.
- Unique 4X Yoke design – tighten or remove from tank with one turn.
- Minimalist yoke design is optimized to use the least amount of material for the lightest weight possible.
- Atomic exclusive balanced Jet Seat high-flow piston.
- Freeze-protected and factory-sealed to prevent outside contamination from silt and sand.
- Nitrox ready – approved for non-dedicated EAN use with mixtures up to 40%.
- Ports: 2 HP fixed / 5 LP on swivel cap.
TFX SECOND STAGE FEATURES
- Fresh take on front exhaust design with exhaust valve and inhalation diaphragm both mounted in the front center of the regulator.
- Bold narrow-width case architecture with fluid lines and sweeping flexible front purge cover that integrates seamlessly with exhaust deflectors.
- Variable Lift Cam with near frictionless action lever increases lift at high demands to provide high flow with low inhalation effort.
- Atomic Titanium Seat Saving Dynamic Orifice automatically retracts away from the seat when not under air pressure to extend service life, maintain crisp like-new performance and prevent damage during storage.
- Adjustable venturi nozzle gear-driven tuning with soft-touch lever.
- Low-friction cap at the cam surface.
- Coaxial diaphragm and exhaust valve for 360º breathing effect.
- Hose features the Atomic exclusive patented all-Titanium Comfort Swivel now with less friction and smoother movement.
- Extended silicone exhaust tee is uniquely designed with a sweeping flexible front purge cover and soft rubber exhaust deflectors that route the exhaust away from and behind the divers field of view.
- Dual silicone comfort fit mouthpiece with tear-resistant bite tabs – both comfortable and durable.
- Deluxe padded travel bag.