INON UCL-G165 WIDE CLOSE UP LENS
The INON "UCL-G165 SD" underwater wide close-up lens enables you to shoot a subject from the close range of the lens to capture the subject larger in a frame.
- OLYMPUS STYLUS TG-Tracker
- SONY FDR-X3000/X3000R
- SONY HDR-AS300/AS300R
- GoPro® HERO9 Black, GoPro® HERO8 Black
- GoPro® HERO7 Black, GoPro® HERO6 Black
- GoPro® HERO5 Black , GoPro® HERO+LCD
- GoPro® HERO+ , GoPro® HERO
- GoPro® HERO4
- GoPro® HERO3+ , GoPro® HERO3
Get Closer Minimum Focus Distance
An action camera is a deep focus camera that does not require focusing but prevents a subject gets in focus in close range (within 60cm/2ft range in theory for GoPro® camera) thus not usable for underwater macro shooting. Using a standard macro lens for a compact digital camera would not help the situation as it would create vignetting and a very shallow depth of field preventing comfortable focusing. The UCL-G165 SD lens is a so-called "wide close-up lens" specifically designed for action cameras based on their optical characteristic. The depth of field (DoF) underwater will be 5cm/2.0 to 35cm/1.1ft when using the lens for GoPro® HERO7 Black supporting closer minimum focus distance underwater to capture wow photos/clips.
Ideal Angle of View for Macro Shooting
The maximum angle of view of GoPro® HERO7 Black Black is approx. 151° on land which will narrow down to approx. 94° when the camera is housed in genuine dive housing and submerged due to different refraction indexes. The INON UCL-G165 SD slightly increases angle of view underwater to 110° to capture dynamic scene played by a subject as the lens frames subject larger than UFL-G140 SD which delivers ultra wide 140°.
Professional-level Image Quality
Optics is constructed of 2 elements in 2 groups. All elements are made from high refractive index glass lenses to minimize the whole size dramatically without sacrificing performance. Both lens elements have anti-reflection coating on all surfaces to elicit combined master lens performance with less ghost/flare.
Speedy Lens Exchange by SD Mount
Bayonet INON SD Mount compatible to support friendly and speedy lens exchange underwater. Compatible with AD Lens Holder to hold a lens when not in use.
- Size 77mm / 3.0in (Diameter), 25.2mm / 1.0in (Length)
- Weight [air] 200g / 7.1oz
- [underwater] approx. 121g / 4.3oz
- Mount system INON SD Mount
- Depth rating 60ｍ / 196.9ft
- Body material/finishing Corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy / rigid black alumite, PC, etc.
- Lens material/coating Optical glass / both side coating
- Lens construction 2 groups 2 elements
- view angle (*1) 165mm (underwater)