SEA & SEA YS-D2J STROBE
Excellent night-time visibility. The illuminated control panel is ideal for night diving
Color of illumination changes to indicate mode: aqua blue (in DS-TTL mode), blue (in slave TTL mode), orange (in manual pre-flash mode), and Green (in manual mode without pre-flash). You can check which mode the strobe is set even under pitch-black conditions.
The maximum guide number is a powerful 32 (ISO 100, meter). Recycle time is only 1.5 sec(*1)
The YS-D2 is powerful enough to illuminate a wide area, even under very bright conditions with plenty of natural sunlight. During macro photography, where subtle exposure control is required, manual mode can easily be selected and the guide number quickly adjusted as low as 1.
(*1) when nickel hydride AA batteries are used.
DS-TTL ll automatic exposure control with improved accuracy and stability
SEA&SEA’s own automatic exposure control system, DS-TTL ll, has been further improved. Tuning light emitting timing in detail and adding light emission detection function, the accuracy of automatic TTL exposure has been noticeably improved. Previously, TTL photography was difficult with the lens’s aperture wide-open (maximum aperture) and images were likely to be overexposed. It is now possible to give a low-powered flash so the correct exposure can be easily achieved with the YS-D2.
EV control function can finely tune the amount of light emitted
By controlling the actual flashlight level, the strobe achieves accurate exposure compensation with EV compensation. As the exposure compensation range has improved to +/- 2.0 EV, users can concentrate on shooting even more creative images. (-2,0EV, -1.5EV, -1EV, -0.7EV, -0.3EV, +0.3EV, +0.7EV, +1EV, +1.5EV, +2.0EV).
Two diffusers and red filters included with the strobe as standard
By attaching one of the included diffusers, the beam angle is increased to 100o or 120o (circular) with a soft and even light. The red target light filter helps avoid disturbing skittish creatures that are likely to react to normal light. The red filter is fitted inside the diffusers.
The target light can be adjusted in 2 steps
The strobe is equipped with a target light (approximately 100/300 lumen). In use (target light switch in ON position), the light will be automatically turn off when the strobe fires and will automatically turn back ON after 0.5 sec.
Ergonomically improved controls
Handling is greatly improved. Larger knobs and a new magnetic rotary switch help prevent controls from being accidentally reset in use. With the new controls, quick operation is possible when photo opportunities suddenly appear.
Custom mode is a new innovation that allows the YS-D2 to be compatible with cameras with non-standard pre-flash settings
Some manufactures use their own pre-flash timings on their cameras. The new custom function means the YS-D2 can be compatible with cameras with non-standard pre-flash in DS-TTLII and manual modes.
- Guide Number (ISO 100/m) (land) : 32, 24 (with Diffuser 100 attached), 20 (with Diffuser 120 attached)
- Beam Angle: 80°x80° (without Diffuser), 100°x100°(Diffuser 100), 120° x 120° (Diffuser 120)
- Batteries : 4xAA A: 6V Ni-MH: 4.8V
- Number of Flashes *1 : A: 150 Ni-MH: 200
- Recycle time (full) *2 : A: 3.0 sec. Ni-MH: 1.5 sec.
- Color temperature : 5600K
- Color temperature w/diffuser : 5250K
- Depth rating : 100m / 330ft
- Dimensions (WxHxD) : 89x111x141mm / 3.5 x 4.8 x 5.6 inches (excluding YS-base)
- Weight : 618g / 21.0oz (w/o batteries) (excluding YS-base)
- Underwater weight : +40g / 1.4oz (incl. batteries)
- Exposure control: DS-TTL II, Slave TTL, Light level control dial (GN): 1 / 1.4 / 2 / 2.8 /4 / 5.6 /8 / 11 / 16 / 22 / 32 (11 steps)
- Pre-flash control: Equipped with pre-flash cancel mode
- DS-TTL II function
- Slave function
- Auto power OFF function
- Sync cord: 5-pin Sync cord/N, Fiber-Optic Cable
- Over-pressure relief valve
- LED target light (output is adjustable in 2 steps)
- Audible charge signal
*1 Number of flashes and recycle time depends on the battery brand, temperature, and frequency of use.
*2 Number of flashes and recycle time of Ni-MH batteries were tested on 2400 mAh batteries.