SEA & SEA MDX-R5 UNDERWATER HOUSING FOR CANON EOS R5
Revised ergonomic design, improved safety features, and an eye-catching exterior. The new MDX series housings are now upgraded with more standard features to ensure better handling and greater protection for your camera.
Equipped with Grip plus, SA8 Fixed Ball Bases
The new MDX R5 is the perfect complement to Canon's new mirrorless R5 camera. The MDX-R5 is rich in features with all controls ergonomically designed to maximize camera operation. All major camera functions can be accessed from the grip handles through thumb or finger movement without releasing your grip.
Sea&Sea Optical Converter and S&S manual flash trigger compatibility, port locking system plus the removal and attaching of lenses while the camera is still in housing. Compatible with both native RF lenses and all EF lenses (with mount). In addition, a 24mm port has been included to accommodate HDMI 2 cables for connection to an external video monitor to realize the full potential of the camera's ultra-high video capabilities. A built-in Leak Sensor and a bulkhead for an external vacuum sensor provide double protection and increased peace of mind for your camera equipment while diving.
Many more features are available on the MDX R5 to help you gain the full potential of all the R5's features and make your underwater imaging experience unforgettable.
For better noticeability, controls are partially colored with yellow.
All major controls for camera function can be easily operated without releasing your grip on the handle, providing stability and assurance during all imaging situations
Compatible with the Sea&Sea, “Manual Flash Trigger” (optional). and Sea&Sea Optical TTL Converter.
24mm bulkhead allows connection of 3rd party HDMI 2 cable for attaching an external video monitor
Bulkhead will accept the S&S Vivid housing Vacuum Leak Sensor, or an optional 16mm step down converter is available to fit third party vacuum sensors
Compatible with all the DX (NX) series ports
The camera can be removed from the housing easily even if a lens with a large diameter such as the RF15～35 f2.8 is mounted on the camera without removing the port from the housing enabling you to replace the battery and lens with ease.
- The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally.
- The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing.
- Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
- All controls have luminescence stickers that glow in a dark environment for better visibility of controls.
- Equipped with Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as the VF180 1.2x, VF45 1.2x, and Optical Viewfinder 0.66x,0.8x can be used.
- Sync Cord 2-pin Connector enables the use of conventional hardwired Sync cable(Manual mode only).
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage.
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water ingress.
- Tripod screw mount is located on the center underside of the housing.
- Equipped with an under guard to protect housing from scratches and abrasion
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 345 x 173 x 164 mm / 13.5 x 6.8 x 6.4 Inches
- Weight, Approx. 2900 gm / 102.3 Oz (Including Grips).
- Depth Rating 100M / 330 ft
- Construction: Corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined. Anodized finish)