SEA & SEA OPTICAL YS CONVERTER / C FOR SONY MDX-70D
A compact unit that converts the camera's TTL signal to a light signal. The converter can be mounted on the camera's accessory shoe and can be connected to (a) SEA&SEA strobe(s) with Fiber-Optic Cable(s) (*). TTL and manual modes can be switched by pushing the mode switch on the housing.
Advantages of using the Optical YS Converter and not using the camera's built-in flash
- The risk of water-ingress and flooding via the strobe bulkhead is eliminated.
- The camera's battery will last longer.
- External strobes will fire in accordance with their quickest recycle time.
- No inner reflections from the camera's built-in flash.
- Compared with slave TTL, the Optical YS Converter achieves far greater accuracy in TTL exposure/output.
- Optical YS Converter is compatible with SLR cameras that do not have a built-in flash.